The South Asia Archive is a specialist digital platform providing global electronic access to culturally and historically significant literary material produced from within - and about - the South Asian region. It is not merely a repository, but a vehicle for targeted research, and one which has been intelligently structured to ensure efficient content discovery.
- Documents have been selected and catalogued by subject specialist editors, with expert commentaries provided to guide users through serial content.
- The archive contains millions of pages of digitized primary and secondary material in a mix of English and vernacular languages dating back to the start of the eighteenth century, up to the mid-twentieth century.
- It is derived from original archive materials held by the The South Asia Research Foundation.
- It provides online access to previously unavailable resources in South Asian studies.
- It is a versatile resource with benefits for researchers, lecturers, and students across a diverse range of subject areas.