Overview of the Collection
Launched in 2013, the South Asia Archive is a specialist digital platform providing global electronic access to culturally and historically significant literary material produced from within, and about, the South Asian region. It is not merely a repository, but a vehicle for targeted research, and one which has been intelligently structured to ensure efficient content discovery.
- Documents have been selected and catalogued by subject specialist editors, with expert commentaries provided to guide users through serial content.
- Millions of pages of digitized primary and secondary material in a mix of English and vernacular languages dating back to the start of the 18th Century, up to the mid-20th Century.
- Derived from original archive materials held by the South Asia Research Foundation (SARF).
- Online access to previously unavailable resources in South Asian studies.
- Versatile resource with benefits for researchers, lecturers and students across a diverse range of subject areas.